Discontinued item. We no longer sell replacement filters for this system.
Use a Doulton Ultracarb filter replacement Info here.
By New Wave Enviro. This system is designed for well water.
Imperial CeraUltra 2.75" x 9.75" Cartridge Water Filter with cleanable filter elements are designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, Chlorine, Mercury, Lead and VOC's. In addition, they will improve taste and reduce trace contaminants. These filter elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulates, and chlorine reduction (Class 1). The cartridges are based on a Imperial Ceramic pre-filter shell. Inside the ceramic shell is a post-filter block carbon insert which is manufactured by combining powdered carbon blends and Zeolite to form a tightly packed matrix. The candle is fitted with a threaded plastic cap on one end; the cartridge is open on one end to ensure no untreated water by-pass.
Care and maintenance: Clean filter (green scrubbie works well) whenever flow rate starts to slow.
Filter life: Replace after 1200 gallons or 1 year, whichever comes first.
- Pathogenic bacteria
- Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform - 99.99% removal
- Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia - 100% removal
- Down to 0.9 micron absolute; 0.5 - 0.8 micron with a filtration efficiency of - 99.99% (based on tests by IBR Laboratories)
- Organic Chemicals
- Pesticides, herbicides and organic solvents
- Volatile Organic Chemical Compounds
- Aluminum, Iron, Mercury and Lead
- Taste & Color
- Hydrogen Sulfide, Iron, etc.
- Lead Removal
Lead is seldom found naturally in domestic water supply but can result from the dissolution of lead pipes which may still be in use in old water systems. The zeolite metal ion reduction medium in the CeraUltra element effectively reduces the lead content in drinking water.